Tilbury 1 Norwich United 2: Finch at the double for Planters
- Credit: Archant
Christy Finch's second-half double fired Norwich United to an excellent 2-1 victory at Tilbury, moving the Planters up to eighth in the table.
The Planters were unlucky to be behind at the break after Adam Hipperson had seen a long-range shot tipped onto the bar by home keeper Lee Butcher, who also made a magnificent save from an Andy Eastaugh.
The Dockers scored in the 32nd minute, when a Reece Hewitt cross from the left found Conor Mead at the far post. His shot was blocked but fell to Ryan Melaugh who blasted home from 10 yards.
But the Planters were level just after the hour mark. Sam Watts sent Hipperson away down the left, he took the ball into the area before cutting back from the byline, giving Finch a perfect chance to slot home.
The winners came 13 minutes from time – the ball to came to Finch outside the corner of the area on the left and he struck an exquisite shot which arrowed into the far top corner.
You may also want to watch:
Tilbury 1 Norwich United 2
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 9 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 10 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146