Tilbury 1 Norwich United 2: Finch at the double for Planters
- Credit: Archant
Christy Finch's second-half double fired Norwich United to an excellent 2-1 victory at Tilbury, moving the Planters up to eighth in the table.
The Planters were unlucky to be behind at the break after Adam Hipperson had seen a long-range shot tipped onto the bar by home keeper Lee Butcher, who also made a magnificent save from an Andy Eastaugh.
The Dockers scored in the 32nd minute, when a Reece Hewitt cross from the left found Conor Mead at the far post. His shot was blocked but fell to Ryan Melaugh who blasted home from 10 yards.
But the Planters were level just after the hour mark. Sam Watts sent Hipperson away down the left, he took the ball into the area before cutting back from the byline, giving Finch a perfect chance to slot home.
The winners came 13 minutes from time – the ball to came to Finch outside the corner of the area on the left and he struck an exquisite shot which arrowed into the far top corner.
You may also want to watch:
Tilbury 1 Norwich United 2
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police