Tiffany leaves her rivals trailing
Teenager Tiffany Howie is leading a strong Norfolk challenge into the regional final of the Faldo Series. The 17-year-old from Sprowston Manor has dominated the girls' category of the Midlands and East Anglia regional, winning both her qualifying events.
Teenager Tiffany Howie is leading a strong Norfolk challenge into the regional final of the Faldo Series.
The 17-year-old from Sprowston Manor has dominated the girls' category of the Midlands and East Anglia regional, winning both her qualifying events.
Her first success was at Royal West Norfolk and now she's added her second win at Woburn. After the two events she was 12 shots clear of her closest challenger and the top girls' qualifier for the regional final at Forest of Arden in August.
“It was really horrendous weather at Woburn,” said Tiffany, who shot seven over 82.
You may also want to watch:
“It was pouring down and the wind was driving the rain into us. I'm pleased with my score in the conditions.”
The weather was reflected by the CSS. The boys' went up three shots to 77, while the girls' went up two, also to 77.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 7 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 10 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
After two events the top four golfers in each section - boys' age groups and girls' under 18s - qualified for the regional final. Norfolk is represented in each group.
In the U21s, Norfolk matchplay champion Chase Davis (Costessey Park) grabbed the fourth spot after he scored 80 at Woburn. Stephen Chick (Dunston Hall) also went through in fourth place in the U18s after a second round 84.
Norfolk Open champion Stuart Ballingall (Dunston Hall) won the U17 category at Woburn with a fine 79 and qualified top in his group. Charlie Bright (Royal Cromer) shot 80 and went through in second place in the U16s.
Luke Johnson (King's Lynn) scored 82 at Woburn and also qualified in second place in the U15s.
At the regional final the top two players in each category will qualify for the grand final of the Faldo Series, a 54-hole tournament hosted by Nick Faldo.