Thurlow Nunn round-up: Stowmarket the big winners as rivals falter in Premier Division
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Stowmarket moved 16 points clear at the top of the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division as their rivals faltered on Saturday.
Whilst Stowmarket cruised to a 3-0 win over Godmanchester, their three closest challengers in Newmarket Town, Norwich United and Wroxham all dropped points.
Newmarket slipped to a 2-0 defeat at Brantham whilst Wroxham were held to a goalless draw at FC Clacton, ending a 10-match winning streak. Norwich United came from behind to claim a point thanks to Liam Jackson's penalty in a 1-1 draw with Whitton United.
It was an afternoon to forget for Gorleston as they slumped to a 4-0 defeat at Stanway whilst Thetford Town went down to a 1-0 loss at home to Ely City.
Kyle Haylock was on target in Kirkley & Pakefield's 1-1 draw at Haverhill Rovers whilst Swaffham Town lost 3-1 at Mildenhall.
You may also want to watch:
In First Division North Mulbarton Wanderers moved seven points clear at the top of the table thanks to a 5-0 win at bottom-placed Wisbech St Mary. Tom Amis was in fine form to score a hat-trick whilst Dom Doggett and Sam Whiting were also on the scoresheet.
Norwich CBS remain firmly in the promotion picture thanks to a 2-1 win at Cornard United whilst there were goals aplenty as Fakenham hammered Felixstowe & Walton Reserves 8-1 at Clipbush Park. Callum Brain scored a hat-trick with Josh Hazell, Matthew Franks, Harry Exley, Jack Robinson and Ryan Curtis also getting in on the act.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
Diss Town lost their fifth game in a row, going down to a 7-0 loss at AFC Sudbury Reserves whilst King's Lynn Town's second string got the better of their Needham Market counterparts in a 4-0 win.
Jordan Attree and Payton Swatman got the goals in Great Yarmouth Town's 2-1 win at home against Framlingham Town whilst Sheringham lost 1-0 against March Town United.