Thurlow Nunn round-up: Norwich United back with a bang
Norwich United returned to winning ways at the top of the Premier Division.
Goals from Matt Blake and Adam Hipperson earned them a 2-0 win at Mildenhall Town, The Planters – beaten for only the second time this season in their previous outing, at home to Godmanchester – are eight points clear of Stanway Rovers.
There were some unwelcome results for other Norfolk teams, although Thetford managed to buck the trend with a 3-3 home draw against Long Melford. Oliver Standley gave them a lead, but they fell behind before Robbie Priddle forced home a second. Thetford went ahead through Shaun Hundson penalty, which left the visitors with only 10 men, but they scored a third early in the second half.
Fakenham Town lost 2-0 at home to Felixstowe & Walton United while Swaffham crashed 4-1 at Brantham Athletic.
Gorleston went down 3-0 at home to Godmanchester Rovers and Kirkley & Pakefield were beaten 1-0 at Hadleigh United.
You may also want to watch:
In the First Division, Great Yarmouth kept up their promotion challenge with a 3-0 win at Dereham Reserves, thanks to goals from Chris Holmes (2) and Declan McAvoy, but Diss loss 1-0 at home to AFC Sudbury Reserves.
There was drama for Yarmouth – two of their starting XI arrived late at the ground, because Payton Swatman was taken ill in the car on the way to the ground. McAvoy and Holmes arranged for an ambulance to get new-signing Swatman to hospital and Yarmouth managed to start the game with a full complement of players. Swatman tweetd later: 'Thank you everyone for your messages and your kind words!!'
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront