Thurlow Nunn round-up: Kirkley & Pakefield ease to win over Ely
Kirkley & Pakefield made it four games unbeaten thanks to an impressive 2-0 win at Ely City in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
Cameron Brooks was on the scoresheet for the Royals and an own goal ensured a comfortable margin of victory as Jamie Godbold's men moved up to 13th in the table.
Thetford slipped to their third successive defeat at home to Brighlingsea Regent. Kevin Coyle's 16th-minute free-kick opened the scoring for the visitors before Terry Rymer doubled their lead before the break to give them all three points.
Gorleston were frustrated in their attempt to maintain their good recent form as a waterlogged pitch accounted for their home clash against FC Clacton. Norwich United's match at home to leaders Hadleigh suffered the same fate.
Great Yarmouth Town maintained their challenge for promotion in the First Division courtesy of a 1-0 win at Cornard United. Andy Ager got the only goal for the Bloaters, who sit in sixth position with games in hand on all the sides above them.
You may also want to watch:
Downham made it three games unbeaten thanks to a 1-0 win over Braintree Reserves whilst Swaffham suffered a 5-1 defeat at Halstead – Jack Redhead getting the Pedlars only goal.
Fakenham Town's match at Saffron Walden was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars