Thurlow Nunn round-up: Gorleston stage second half comeback for victory

Connor Ingram was on target for Gorleston against Felixstowe & Walton.

Connor Ingram was on target for Gorleston against Felixstowe & Walton. - Credit: Archant

Gorleston preserved their unbeaten run in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division thanks to a 2-1 win at home to Felixstowe & Walton.

The Greens had to do it the hard way though with the visitors going in front after six minutes through Rhys Barber's strike.

But Ricci Butler's men turned it round in the second half with youngster Connor Ingram snatching an equaliser before Joe Watts scored the winner 15 minutes from time. The victory keeps Gorleston in third place, 17 points behind league leaders Mildenhall, who lost 2-1 to Ipswich Wanderers.

Swaffham Town's fight against relegation received a timely boost as the bottom-placed Pedlars beat Godmanchester 3-2 thanks to goals from Alex Vincent (two) and Nick Castellan.

Swaffham's joy at taking all three points was tempered by the fact it wasn't enough to take them off the foot of the table as Clacton won 2-0 at home against Haverhill Rovers.

You may also want to watch:

Great Yarmouth snatched a point with an 89th-minute equaliser through Leighton Crux against Kirkley & Pakefield. The Royals took the lead just after the hour mark through Miguel Lopez but Yarmouth kept going and got their reward thanks to Crux's late effort.

Thetford Town claimed all three points at home as Ross Bailey's 27-minute strike saw off Fakenham Town.

Most Read

Diss Town maintained their promotion hopes with a 2-1 win at Brewers Green Lane against Debenham LC in the First Division.

The Tangerines made it five wins in a row and are handily-placed in third, 11 points behind leaders Coggeshall Town, who have played three games more. Goals from Alex Blakely and Charlie Webb did the damage for the home side, who are looking to bounce back to the Premier Division at the first attempt after relegation last season.

Wisbech St Mary had an afternoon to forget as they were hammered 6-0 at Haverhill Borough.

Dereham Town Reserves edged a seven-goal thriller at home to Team Bury whilst King's Lynn Town Reserves won 1-0 at March Town United.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus