Thurlow Nunn round-up: Derbyshire sacked after Diss lose to Haverhill
- Credit: Archant © 2012
Mike Derbyshire has been sacked as Diss Town manager after the Tangerines' 3-1 defeat to Haverhill Rovers.
The former Great Yarmouth Town boss, who was brought to the club in March earlier this year, had failed to mastermind an upturn in the club's fortunes, managing just two wins from 17 league games so far this season.
Diss chairman Richard Upson, who also dispensed with assistant manager Dean Greygoose and first team coach Pawel Guziejko, expects to name a new management team early this week.
Norwich United saw their nine-match winning streak come to an end as they were beaten 2-0 away at Stanway Rovers.
The Planters, who must make a decision by the end of the month whether to apply for promotion for next season, saw their lead at the top of the divison cut to six points as Duncan McAnally's red card proved the turning point in the contest. Rovers made the extra man, scoring two goals to secure the points.
You may also want to watch:
Kirkley & Pakefield continued their impressive season so far with a 4-2 win at Mildenhall. Goals from Ian Hunter and Ross Gilfedder gave the Royals a 2-0 lead before being pegged back to 2-2 early in the second half. However, Jamie Godbold's side kept their composure and further goals form Lewis Hammond and Gilfedder secured the points.
Fakenham Town rallied to claim a 2-2 draw at home against Walsham-le-Willows. The Ghosts fell behind to Andrew Wood's curler before Josh Youngs restored parity. Lee Sim put the visitors back in front but Ashle Jarvis' close range finish ensured a share of the spoils.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 10 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
Thetford Town are without a win in four games after a 4-0 loss at home to Hadleigh. All the damage was done in the first half, with the visitors scoring all their goals in the first 30 minutes.
Swaffham Town are up to second in the First Division after a 3-0 win at Woodbridge thanks to goals from Matthew Castellan, Alex Vincent and Joe Jackson.
Great Yarmouth Town were convincing 4-1 winners at Cornard United as goals from Leighton Crux, Mitch Forbes, Harry Maddison and an own goal gave the Bloaters all three points. New Downham boss Bob Warby celebrated his first game in charge with a 4-0 win over Leiston Reserves whilst King's Lynn Reserves beat Team Bury 2-0.