Thurlow Nunn round-up: Connor Ingram at the double but Wroxham slip to defeat
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Connor Ingram enjoyed a dream debut personally as he scored two against Brantham Athletic – but it wasn't enough to stop the Yachtsmen slipping to a home defeat against the Suffolk side.
The 18-year-old moved to Trafford Park last week after rejecting a new deal at Gorleston and had an immediate impact although it wasn't enough to stop Wroxham slipping to their second consecutive defeat in the league.
Brantham roared into a two-goal lead before Ingram pulled one back before half-time. The teenager equalised early in the second half but Brantham substitute Ben Newson struck the winner in the 73rd minute.
Ingram's former club Gorleston endured a day to forget with Stewart Larter still looking for his first win since returning to the club. The Greens went down to a 2-0 defeat at Histon.
Thetford Town produced a superb display to hammer Wivenhoe Town 6-0. Max Melanson opened the scoring in the third minute before Ryan Sanders doubled the Brecklanders' advantage. Robbie Priddle made it 3-0 after good work by Ben Anderson and Tanner Call put the game effectively out of Wivenhoe's reach before half-time. Call made it 5-0 after another good cross by Anderson and he completed his hat-trick late on to complete the rout.
You may also want to watch:
Kirkley & Pakefield were involved in a high scoring affair at home to Newmarket Town. Miguel Lopez hit a hat-trick whilst Liam Harvey-Cooper was also on target for the Royals but Newmarket scored four of their own to claim a point.
Stanway Rovers beat Great Yarmouth Town 2-0.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 4 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 9 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 10 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
Swaffham Town eased to a 4-0 win in the First Division thanks to goals from Alex Vincent, Alan Woodcock, Matthew Blackford and an own goal.
Downham enjoyed a 3-0 win over Needham Market Reserves whilst King's Lynn Town's second string sit in second place after a 2-1 win over Team Bury.
Woodbridge top the table after hammering Diss Town 8-3 – Virgilio Leitao, Mark Plunkett and Stephen Vincent got the goals for the Tangerines.
Norwich CBS went down to a 4-0 defeat against Framlingham Town.