Thurlow Nunn round-up: Connor Deeks hits all four in Gorleston win over Haverhill Borough
- Credit: Archant
Connor Deeks hit all four for Gorleston in their topsy turvy 4-3 victory over Haverhill Borough in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
Gorleston made the faster start but it was the visitors that struck first through Casey Phillips' lofted effort.
Four minutes later the Greens were level when a nice move ended with Deeks finishing. It wasn't long before Gorleston got their noses in front despite the best efforts of Haverhill keeper Anthony Choat, whose two point-blank saves were to no avail as Deeks struck again.
Haverhill didn't let their heads drop though and Ryan Weaver got the visitors back on level terms before Deeks completed his hat-trick to give Gorleston a 3-2 half-time lead. Borough levelled early in the second half with Weaver's second of the afternoon but Deeks had the final say with his ninth goal of the season.
Great Yarmouth Town were also involved in a high scoring game as they took a point in a 3-3 draw at Haverhill Rovers.
You may also want to watch:
Haverhill swept into a 2-0 lead thanks to goals from Rafal Wozniak and Mitch Burr, giving the Bloaters a mountain to climb. Aaron Sanders gave Yarmouth a lifeline with a fine free-kick and Mitch Forbes restored parity early in the second half. However, Haverhill struck again when Kelvin Enaro tricked his way through before crossing for Rory Jebb to head home. Yarmouth were not to be denied though and Sanders' second of the afternoon ensured the visitors left with a share of the spoils.
Kirkley & Pakefield gained a point at Saffron Walden in a 2-2 draw whilst Fakenham Town remain rooted to the foot of the table after their 3-0 defeat to Stanway Rovers.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
On Friday night Wroxham bounced back from their 5-1 humbling against Newmarket with a 2-1 win over Thetford Town. Ross Gilfedder and Thomas Matthews got the goals for the Yachtsmen with Max Melanson replying for the visitors.
In the First Division Diss won a 4-3 thriller at home against Downham Market thanks to goals from Virgillo Leitao, Luke Priestly (two) and Alex Vincent.
King's Lynn Town Reserves saw off their Norwich United counterparts 4-0 whilst Norwich CBS beat Needham Market 7-4.