Thurlow Nunn: Yachtsmen’s promotion hopes suffer setback
- Credit: Archant
Wroxham's promotion hopes suffered a dent as the Yachtsmen lost 2-1 at Brantham Athletic in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
Jordan Southgate's side were hoping to respond positively to bowing out of the FA Vase last weekend but went down to defeat against the Suffolk side, who moved level on points with their opponents.
Mac Gee got the goal for Wroxham, who sit in fifth, 11 points behind second-placed Norwich United, who occupy what is likely to be a second promotion spot behind champions-elect Stowmarket Town.
Stanway Rovers, who sit third, strengthened their promotion hopes with a 2-1 win over Kirkley & Pakefield thanks to goals from Darren Mills and Jamie Shaw.
Swaffham Town endured a day to forget as they slumped to a 4-1 loss at home to Mildenhall Town - Joe Jackson got the goal for the Pedlars.
You may also want to watch:
Thetford got their first victory in eight matches on Friday night thanks to a 3-2 win at Ely City. The Brecklanders showed their character by coming from 2-0 down to take all three points courtesy of goals from Johnny Conroy, Max Melanson and Tanner Call.
In the First Division North Mulbarton Wanderers moved six points clear at the top as an Adam Plumstead brace helped his side to a 2-0 win at Needham Market Reserves.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
Fakenham Town made it four wins a row as they smashed seven past Felixstowe & Walton Reserves with no reply. Ryan Curtis added to his goals tally with a brace whilst Cameron Beazer, Alby Matthews, Shane Akers and Callum Brain got on the scoresheet.
Stephen Drake was at the double although Norwich CBS let the lead slip twice in a 2-2 draw with March Town whilst King's Lynn Reserves won 3-0 at Framlingham Town.
Goals from Tim Cary and Graham Hinton couldn't stop Sheringham losing 3-2 at home to Debenham LC whilst Diss Town lost 2-1 at Haverhill Borough. Ashley Rankin got the goal for the Tangerines.
Great Yarmouth fought out a goalless draw at AFC Sudbury Reserves.