Thurlow Nunn round-up: Wroxham hit Hadleigh for six at home
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Management duo Jamie Godbold and Andy Reynolds continued their impressive start to life at Wroxham as the Yachtsmen hit Hadleigh for six at Trafford Park in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
After defeating FC Clacton last weekend Wroxham put Hadleigh to the sword with an impressive display to move up to eighth in the table.
Harley Black opened the scoring and Connor Ingram's first of the afternoon gave the home side a comfortable lead at the break. A quick fire double from Jordan Bond effectively ended the match as a contest but further goals from Ingram and an own goal underlined Wroxham's superiority.
A superb first half display from Thetford Town was enough to secure all three points for the Brecklanders against Saffron Walden.
Dale Coomber-Willis opened the scoring in the 28th minute with a header and less than 60 seconds later Max Melanson doubled Thetford's advantage. Melanson's 25-yard strike made it 3-0. Saffron Walden rallied in the second half and set up a nervy finish with two goals but Thetford held on for the three points.
You may also want to watch:
Gorleston twice came from behind to gain a point in a 2-2 draw at Long Melford thanks to goals from Joel Watts and Nathan Russell.
Goals from Aaron Sanders and Chris Holmes put Great Yarmouth in charge at home against Haverhill Borough. However, the visitors rallied in the second period to ensure a share of the spoils.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Landlady warns community pubs are being 'crucified' by new measures
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 6 Water outages hit homes across city
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 9 People released from car after crash closes road
- 10 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
Fakenham Town lost 1-0 at home to Brantham as the Ghosts continue to struggle in front of goal.
Norwich CBS scored within three minutes thanks to an Ian Barraclough header as they ran out easy 4-0 winners over Holland. Matt Doyle then got his 21st of the season after latching on to a superb through ball from Mo Hassan. It was 3-0 soon after when James Page found the bottom left-hand corner. The onslaught continued in the second half but CBS settled for just the one more goal as Barraclough netted from the spot after James Baughurst had been brought down.
Diss went down to a 3-0 defeat at home to Braintree Town Reserves whilst Norwich United's second string went down to a heavy defeat at leaders Whitton United, 11-2.