Thurlow Nunn League: Thetford beat Fakenham, as Swaffham move top of First Division
- Credit: Archant
Thetford Town ended a run of four successive defeats with a 3-0 win against Fakenham Town in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties Premier Division.
The Ghosts had beaten Thetford 2-1 in the league at Clipbush Park two weeks ago, but the Brecklanders gained revenge on their own patch.
Substitute Ben Anderson put Thetford ahead in the 77th minute at Mundford Road before midfielder Sam Bryant doubled the home team's lead in the 83rd minute.
Anderson then wrapped up the win two minutes later with his second of the night, to move Thetford up to 11th in the table.
In the same division, Kirkley & Pakefield saw their good run of five consecutive wins ended by fellow high fliers Felixstowe & Walton United. The Royals lost 3-1 at home, with Ross Gilfedder scoring in the 82nd minute.
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham Town moved top of the First Division table, despite being held to a 2-2 draw at local rivals Downham Town, and King's Lynn Town Reserves thrashed Dereham Town's Reserves 4-0 in the first round of the First Division Knockout Cup.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water