Thurlow Nunn League round-up: Fakenham Town boss Anderson staying calm in top flight
- Credit: Archant
Manager Wayne Anderson says he will not be pushing any panic buttons after Fakenham Town's difficult run in the Premier Division.
The promoted Ghosts have lost four of their last five games after earlier winning four on the bounce in August. But Anderson admits he was never expecting the club's return to the top flight to be plain sailing.
The boss said: 'I won't be panicking. I'll give it until Christmas and if we're still sitting in mid-table I'll be happy. You have to be realistic and look at what we've got so far and take a look at some of the bottom teams, they have barely got a point yet.
'We have got to expect to go down this road occasionally because we went up last season and now we've got to establish a strong first team that can pick up points regularly – we're not going to win every game but we want to make sure we are picking up wins when we can.
'People are looking at me and saying 'you've lost a few games, what are you going to do now' but just remember, we went up last season and finished below Whitton United but look how they have started and with a far bigger budget than we have.
'I am really pleased with the talent we have at the club, from the under-18s through to the 21-year-olds, and in the next three seasons this club is going to benefit from that if we can keep them all together – the likes of Ricky Claxton, Daniel Tuddenham, Dion Frary, Ben Calvert and Callum Brain to name just a few. We've got to try and keep them going the way they are and believing in themselves because they will be very good footballers and they will step up.'
Fakenham, seventh after ending their winless streak by beating Thetford Town in midweek, visit Wivenhoe this afternoon. Pointless basement boys Diss Town travel to Hadleigh United, Gorleston are at Haverhill Rovers, Kirkley & Pakefield entertain Ely City while Thetford host Brantham Athletic.
- 1 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 2 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 4 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 6 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 9 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 10 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
In the First Division, Great Yarmouth Town make the trip to AFC Sudbury Reserves, Downham Town welcome Long Melford, Dereham Town Reserves are at Saffron Walden Town, King's Lynn Town Reserves visit Stowmarket Town and Swaffham Town host Debenham LC.