Thurlow Nunn League round-up: Fakenham face baptism of fire in Premier Division
Norwich United will be looking to pick up from where they left off in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division when they travel to Felixstowe & Waltham United.
The Planters won 10 of their last 15 games last season, losing just once, to make a late surge into sixth place. One of those wins was a 1-0 home win against Felixstowe, who finished third.
Fakenham are facing a baptism of fire following their promotion to the Premier Division.
The Ghosts host last season's champions Hadleigh United at Clipbush Park. The Suffolk side decided against pursuing promotion last season, with Brightlingsea Regent being elevated instead, having only finished second to Hadleigh on goal difference.
Thetford Town finished just a point clear of the bottom three last season and are looking to improve, with manager Mark Scott trying to build a stronger squad over the summer.
You may also want to watch:
The Brecklanders are away at FC Clacton, who finished just above them in the table last season.
In the First Division, Swaffham Town host Haverhill Borough at Shoemakers Lane after both teams faded from the promotion chase at the end of last term.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
Dereham Town Reserves are also at home, against Needham Market Reserves, with both looking to improve on bottom-half finishes last season.
King's Lynn Town Reserves host Cornard United Reserves in their first match in the division.