Thurlow Nunn League round-up: Fakenham face baptism of fire in Premier Division
Norwich United will be looking to pick up from where they left off in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division when they travel to Felixstowe & Waltham United.
The Planters won 10 of their last 15 games last season, losing just once, to make a late surge into sixth place. One of those wins was a 1-0 home win against Felixstowe, who finished third.
Fakenham are facing a baptism of fire following their promotion to the Premier Division.
The Ghosts host last season's champions Hadleigh United at Clipbush Park. The Suffolk side decided against pursuing promotion last season, with Brightlingsea Regent being elevated instead, having only finished second to Hadleigh on goal difference.
Thetford Town finished just a point clear of the bottom three last season and are looking to improve, with manager Mark Scott trying to build a stronger squad over the summer.
The Brecklanders are away at FC Clacton, who finished just above them in the table last season.
In the First Division, Swaffham Town host Haverhill Borough at Shoemakers Lane after both teams faded from the promotion chase at the end of last term.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 4 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 5 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 6 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 7 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 8 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 9 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 10 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
Dereham Town Reserves are also at home, against Needham Market Reserves, with both looking to improve on bottom-half finishes last season.
King's Lynn Town Reserves host Cornard United Reserves in their first match in the division.