Thurlow Nunn League preview: Norwich United return focus to Premier Division title battle
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
The chase for the Premier Division title gets back underway against Mildenhall for Norwich United today.
The Planters saw their treble hopes ended in midweek with a 2-0 defeat at Wroxham in the Norfolk Senior Cup semi-finals.
Damian Hilton's side remain 13 points clear at the top of the table though – after last week's top of the table clash at Godmanchester was postponed – and have a League Cup semi-final approaching later this month.
Mildenhall will arrive at Plantation Park in good heart this afternoon though, having won three of their last four league games.
DIss Town face a tough proposition in facing third-placed Stanway, although will hold out some hope after Rovers saw a seven-match winning streak ended with a 1-1 home draw against Wivenhoe in midweek.
Kirkley & Pakefield will look to bounce back from defeat at Thetford last weekend when they host Fakenham. The Ghosts are also in need of a win, having tasted victory just once in their last five matches.
Thetford will look to build on that success when they look for a third consecutive victory when they travel to Haverhill, the team just below them in 14th place in the table.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 5 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 6 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 7 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 10 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
Gorleston have won just one of their last six but will hope to change that when they host lowly Walsham le Willows at Emerald Park.
In the First Division, Swaffham Town could move to the top of the table with victory at leaders Saffron Walden Town.
The Pedlars are unbeaten in 10 games, since losing to Walden at home in November, and have won their last four.