Thurlow Nunn League preview: Continuity key for new Norwich United boss
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2013
Norwich United will be hoping it's business as usual when they welcome Godmanchester Rovers.
The Premier Division champions, and current runaway leaders, were left stunned when boss Damian Hilton quit to join higher-level – but relegation threatened – Wroxham.
Planters chairman John Hilditch declared the club were intending to accept promotion this time around should they retain their title, so new boss John Edridge, Hilton's former assistant, will be keen to keep the Planters' momentum going when they host Rovers.
Edridge told his club's website: 'It was a big surprise to everyone Damian leaving with us top of the league and in two cup semi-finals.
'However, our main objective as a club is to concentrate on the game against Godmanchester and the big games to come. I am sure the players will be just as focused on the job at hand as I am.'
You may also want to watch:
The Planters are 12 points ahead of Stanway, who visit Mildenhall, but have played one fixture more.
lsewhere, in one of the part-time game's real quirks, Fakenham Town were unsure whether they would actually be in action. But yesterday they learned their match had been postponed because Ipswich Wanderers will definitely be able to play their FA Vase game at Bowers & Pitsea.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 7 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 8 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
Swaffham Town travel to FC Clacton, Gorleston host Walsham-le-Willows, Thetford Town welcome Saffron Walden and Kirkley & Pakefield visit Whitton United.
In the First Division, promotion-chasing Great Yarmouth Town are at Debenham LC, Dereham Town Reserves host Braintee's second-string, King's Lynn Town Reserves host March Town United, Downham Town welcome Leiston Reserves while Diss Town travel to Halstead.