Thurlow Nunn League: Norwich United hoping to wrap up title at Walsham le Willows
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Norwich United's Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division waiting game could finally be over this evening.
The Planters have dominated their defence of the Eastern Counties set-up's top-flight, looking nothing short of champions-elect all season.
A 31st win of the season on Saturday at home to fourth-placed Felixstowe & Walton United would have been enough to clinch back-to-back titles. But unfortunately the rain curtailed that fixture.
United's patience will pay off tonight however if they win at Walsham-le-Willows to get the job done.
A victory would ensure Godmanchester Rovers, third, no longer have a mathematical chance of creating a sensational comeback.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, relegation-threatened duo Fakenham Town, at home to Mildenhall Town, and Swaffham Town – who visit Ipswich Wanderers – will be in action.
In the First Division, King's Lynn Town Reserves travel to Haverhill Borough.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Norfolk scenes cut from Netflix's Sutton Hoo film The Dig
Last night, Great Yarmouth Town took another big step towards promotion when they beat visitors AFC Sudbury Reserves 2-0.
Both goals came in the first half, with Sean Perfect opening the scoring and Chaz McAra making it 2-0 after some good work by Peter Oldham and Declan McAvoy.
Meanwhile Downham were held to a goalless draw at home to Debenham.
In the Premier Division Kirkley and Pakefield returned from Saffron Walden Town with an impressive 2-0 win.
Their goals were scored by Ross Gilfedder and Jack Herbert.
Wisbech Town had a good night, claiming a 2-1 home win over Holbeach in the UCL League.