Thurlow Nunn League: Norwich United and Thetford lose but Great Yarmouth seal vital win
- Credit: Submitted
Norwich United tasted defeat for just the third time this season, although it meant little to the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division champions.
Losing 2-0 to fourth-placed Felixstowe and Walton United at Plantation Park does not affect the Planters' unassailable lead at the top of the table but did prevent them from breaking the 100-point barrier.
John Edridge's team can now only match the 101 points which saw them win the title last season as well, if they can win at third-placed Stanway Rovers on Saturday.
Norwich will then focus their attentions on the League Challenge Cup and Norfolk Senior Cup finals, before making the step up to the Ryman League.
Thetford Town's battle to avoid the drop comes down to the final day after a 3-0 loss at FC Clacton last night. The Brecklanders are two points adrift of survival and level on points with Fakenham in the bottom three.
You may also want to watch:
Great Yarmouth Town moved back into the First Division promotion places with a 2-0 home win over Woodbridge, thanks to goals from Charlie McAra and Mitch Forbes.
Yarmouth will seal promotion if they beat second-bottom Team Bury at The Wellesley on Saturday.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets