Thurlow Nunn League: Gorleston miss chance to close gap as Diss Town win first game under new boss
- Credit: Archant © 2012
Gorleston's seven-match winning streak came to an end as they were held by Godmanchester in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
The Greens therefore slipped to fourth in the table and missed out on the chance to close the gap on runaway leaders Hadleigh, who lost to Felixstowe & Walton.
The first half was a very even contest but as it wore on Godmanchester cranked up the pressure with a series of long throws and corners. Goalkeeper Elliot Pride stood firm though, on one occasion doing well to snuff out the danger as Niks Savineius looked to pounce.
The wind seemed to drop in the second half and both Nathan Stone and Christy Finch came close to breaking the deadlock.
A Carl Poppy corner was headed goalwards by Andy Howell but defender Jonny Hall was on hand to clear away from the post. Substitute Peter Lambert saw a late header from a Poppy corner go over but, at the final whistle, a draw was a fair result as the Greens kept their second clean sheet in a row.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Derbyshire's reign as Diss Town boss got off to the best possible start as they beat bottom of the table Woodbridge to ease their own relegation fears. Second half goals from Eddie Thompson and Matt Dixon gave the Tangerines all three points at Brewers Green Lane.
Norwich United came from behind to claim a point at FC Clacton thanks to Jamie Forshaw's goal whilst a Ross Gilfedder goal couldn't stop Brightlingsea Regent taking all three points thanks to a 3-1 win at Kirkley & Pakefield.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 4 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 5 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 6 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 7 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 10 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
Thetford Town sit just outside the relegation zone after a 3-0 defeat at Haverhill Rovers.
Swaffham Town maintained their hopes of promotion as they swept to a 5-1 win at bottom-placed Cornard United. Toby Hilliard grabbed a hat-trick whilst Jack Redhead and Alex Vincent got the other goals.
Great Yarmouth Town lost their first match in six as they went down to a 1-0 defeat at home to Ipswich Wanderers whilst Fakenham Town beat Debenham LC 2-1 thanks to goals from Jake Wiseman and Sam Garner.
Halstead beat Downham 3-0 whilst Dereham Reserves gained a 1-0 victory over March Town.