Thurlow Nunn League Cup preview: Tracey set for first game as permanent Diss Town boss
Boss Chris Tracey officially begins his Diss Town reign this evening with a home Red Insure Cup first round clash against Fakenham Town.
Richard Daniels' former assistant has been overseeing the Tangerines' fortunes for about four weeks but will take charge for the first time on a full-time basis tonight.
Diss chairman Richard Upson said: 'After working with the club over the past month as interim manger we are pleased to announce that Chris Tracey has accepted the position as first team manager of Diss Town FC.
'Chris will be focussed over the next few weeks to strengthen the first team squad, by giving us a blend of young and experienced players and to ultimately improve our league position. We are delighted with the appointment and wish Chris a successful stay at the club.'
The Thurlow Nunn Premier Division outfit, who lost 5-1 at league leaders Hadleigh on Saturday, go into the tie as slight favourites. But Division One Fakenham have been on a fine run of late and sit fourth in their league.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere in League Cup action, managerless Downham Town host Mildenhall Town, in-form Great Yarmouth Town entertain Dereham Town Reserves, March Town United visit Newmarket Town and Thetford Town welcome Kirkley & Pakefield.
Swaffham Town are in FA Vase action at Hullbridge Sports in a first-round replay.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000