Fakenham Town no match for title chasing Felixstowe
- Credit: Archant
Lowly Fakenham Town were no match for Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division title chasers Felixstowe and Walton at Clipbush Park on Tuesday night.
They crashed to a 4-0 defeat, with the goals coming from Joe Francis (14), Sam Ford (23), Sheridan Driver (48) and Scott Chaplin (75).
Ismael Fatadjo scored twice while Sean Perfect and Peter Lambert were also on target as Gorleston beat Wivenhoe 4-1 at Emerald Park while Great Yarmouth lost 3-2 at home to Saffron Walden and Kirkley & Pakefield saw off Long Melford 4-0, with Lee Will scoring a hat-trick.
The top two in the Anglian Combination Premier Division both won again.
Harleston Town still lead the way by two points after hammering visitors Waveney 6-0 while Mulbarton Wanderers edged home 2-1 at Caister.
You may also want to watch:
The pair meet at Mulbarton on Saturday with Harleston knowing a win would seal the silverware.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 6 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 7 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 8 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 9 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk