Thurlow Nunn round-up: Payton Swatman’s superb strike moved Wroxham up to eighth in Premier Division
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Payton Swatman's superb first half strike gave Wroxham all three points at home to Ely City in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
Swatman got the all important goal in the 20th minute with a sweet strike that helped the Yachtsmen go above their opponents in the table into eighth place.
Craig Bussens came close to adding to the scoring in the second half but saw his effort on the hour mark skim the top of the crossbar.
Thetford Town moved into the top half of the table with a superb display at Haverhill Rovers with the Brecklanders running out 5-0 winners.
Volta Rocha was Thetford's man of the match as his second-half hat-trick saw the visitors cruise to an easy win. It was Rocha's second hat-trick of the month having scored a treble in the 5-1 win over Godmanchester in the League Cup. Ross Bailey and Ben Anderson were also on the scoresheet against Haverhill.
You may also want to watch:
Gorleston enjoyed an impressive 3-1 win against Hadleigh at Tinker's Lane. Joel Watts opened the scoring five minutes before the break and Nathan Russell put the Greens firmly in charge in injury time at the end of the first half. Hadleigh pulled one back through Danny Smy just before the hour mark but Peter Lambert restored Gorleston's two-goal advantage in the 85th minute and sealed all three points.
Great Yarmouth bounced back from their 5-1 humbling away at Histon in midweek by seeing off FC Clacton at home,
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 6 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 7 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 8 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
Ben Lewis opened the scoring for the Bloaters in the eighth minute when the Clacton keeper punched clear but the midfielder reacted first and looped a header home to give his side the lead. That was how it stayed to half-time and Yarmouth continued to look the better side in the second period. However, they had to wait until five minutes from time to effectively confirm victory thanks to Chris Holmes' ferocious free-kick.
Norwich United Reserves were hit for six in the First Divsion by Braintree Town whilst Diss Town went down to a 1-0 defeat at Cornard.
Swaffham's promotion hopes suffered a blow as they were beaten 3-0 by Framlingham Town whilst Downham Town lost 3-0 at Debenham LC.
Daniel Barraclough was on target for Norwich CBS but couldn't stop his side slipping to a 3-1 defeat at home to Halstead whilst King's Lynn Town Reserves lost 4-2 at Little Oakley.