Thurlow Nunn round-up: Wroxham heavily beaten whilst Thetford Town are held
- Credit: Archant
Wroxham were heavily beaten by high-flying Coggeshall at West Street in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
The Yachtsmen had no answer as braces from Tom Monk and Nnamdi Nwachuku put the Essex side in second place behind Felixstowe & Walton, who won 4-1 at Newmarket Town.
Thetford Town endured disappointment of their own as they were held to a 1-1 draw at home to Ipswich Wanderers despite dominating much of the contest.
The Brecklanders suffered an early blow as after 13 minutes influential midfielder Max Melanson limped off with an injury to his upper leg to be replaced by Ross Bailey. The diminutive midfielder was soon able to exert his influence on the game, a fine pass releasing Robbie Priddle who had his low shot saved by Jack Spurling.
Two more opportunities were spurned by Priddle but with his fine goalscoring record it was only a matter of time before he found the net. In the 31st minute, Ben Anderson broke down the right, accelerating past the trailing defender before his pinpoint cross was turned in by Priddle from eight yards.
You may also want to watch:
Thetford had numerous chances to extend their lead but they were made to pay late on when Ashley Rankin headed home to secure a point.
Kirkley & Pakefield saw their run of three consecutive wins come to a halt at home to Hadleigh United, who had Tom Driscoll to thank for netting the only goal of the game.
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 3 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 4 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 5 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 6 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 7 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 8 Man stabbed in leg and stomach by drug dealer who jumped out of car
- 9 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 10 Norfolk coronavirus infection rate falls below three figures
Swaffham Town had to come from behind to take a point at home to Little Oakley in the First Division. The visitors broke the deadlock in the 15th minute but the Pedlars equalised shortly after when Matthew Prudence headed home after Joe Jackson's centre. However, Oakley got their noses back in front before the break and Swaffham had to wait until the 80th minute to level again when Danny Tindall smashed home to claim a point.
King's Lynn Town Reserves moved level on points with the Pedlars in fifth place after a 4-0 success at home to Team Bury.
Ben Baxter-Hunt's double helped Downham Town end Braintree Town Reserves' 10-match unbeaten run as they ran out 2-1 winners whilst goals from Dale Parnell and Jack Mockford helped earned Wisbech St Mary a 2-2 draw at home against March Town.