Struggling Fakenham face huge test against leaders Felixstowe & Walton United
- Credit: Photo:Stan Baston
Fakenham Town will be hoping to end a miserable run and seal a porous defence on Saturday – but they have to do it against the overwhelming title favourites.
The relegation-threatened Ghosts host Felixstowe & Walton United – the difference between the two is 21 places and 70 points.
Fakenham go into the game on a miserable run of form, having lost eight straight games – and 13 of their last 14. In February alone they conceded 23 goals in four games while their visitors are two goals shy of a century this season.
They will clearly go into the game as big underdogs against a team who have a nine-point lead at the top, but should be heartened by the fact that they gave the leaders a decent game on away territory back in November before going down 2-0.
The Ghosts are currently 10 points below the safety mark, with one game in hand on fifth-from-bottom Haverhill Borough.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere in the top flight, Wroxham make the trip to Brantham Athletic, while Kirkley & Pakefield have a trip to Godmanchester Rovers, who are sixth. A win for Kirkley could see them leapfrog Thetford Town. Both teams are on the same points, but Thetford will be hoping to add to their tally at Newmarket Town.
Gorleston return to action with a home game against Hadleigh United and will be looking to make it five straight wins against a team they beat 3-1 just three weeks ago.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
Great Yarmouth Town are without a game, although they have a home test against second-placed Coggeshall Town on Tuesday.
In the First Division, Diss Town will be looking to arrest a six-game losing run when they go to AFC Sudbury.
Norwich United are also on the road – they have a trip to Holland FC – while Wisbech St Mary host Needham Market.
The FDC facility at Bowthorpe in Norwich hosts Adam Gusterson's Norfolk Under-18s side who have a big FA County Youth Cup semi-final match against Gloucestershire.
The match was postponed last weekend because of the weather conditions. The semi-final kicks off at 11.30am – entrance on the gate is £3 for adults and £1 for concessions.