Struggling Fakenham face huge test against leaders Felixstowe & Walton United
- Credit: Photo:Stan Baston
Fakenham Town will be hoping to end a miserable run and seal a porous defence on Saturday – but they have to do it against the overwhelming title favourites.
The relegation-threatened Ghosts host Felixstowe & Walton United – the difference between the two is 21 places and 70 points.
Fakenham go into the game on a miserable run of form, having lost eight straight games – and 13 of their last 14. In February alone they conceded 23 goals in four games while their visitors are two goals shy of a century this season.
They will clearly go into the game as big underdogs against a team who have a nine-point lead at the top, but should be heartened by the fact that they gave the leaders a decent game on away territory back in November before going down 2-0.
The Ghosts are currently 10 points below the safety mark, with one game in hand on fifth-from-bottom Haverhill Borough.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere in the top flight, Wroxham make the trip to Brantham Athletic, while Kirkley & Pakefield have a trip to Godmanchester Rovers, who are sixth. A win for Kirkley could see them leapfrog Thetford Town. Both teams are on the same points, but Thetford will be hoping to add to their tally at Newmarket Town.
Gorleston return to action with a home game against Hadleigh United and will be looking to make it five straight wins against a team they beat 3-1 just three weeks ago.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
Great Yarmouth Town are without a game, although they have a home test against second-placed Coggeshall Town on Tuesday.
In the First Division, Diss Town will be looking to arrest a six-game losing run when they go to AFC Sudbury.
Norwich United are also on the road – they have a trip to Holland FC – while Wisbech St Mary host Needham Market.
The FDC facility at Bowthorpe in Norwich hosts Adam Gusterson's Norfolk Under-18s side who have a big FA County Youth Cup semi-final match against Gloucestershire.
The match was postponed last weekend because of the weather conditions. The semi-final kicks off at 11.30am – entrance on the gate is £3 for adults and £1 for concessions.