Cunningham wants an end product as Fakenham battle against the drop
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town manager Andy Cunningham wants his side to start making the most of the chances when they return to Thurlow Nunn Premier Division action on Saturday.
Saffron Walden Town travel to Clipbush Park with the struggling Ghosts looking to put last Saturday's defeat to Haverhill Borough behind them.
The Ghosts started well against Haverhill but unforced errors led to them slipping to a 2-0 defeat and Cunningham knows his side have to stop making life difficult for themselves.
'We have got to stop putting ourselves into difficult situations,' he said. 'We were well in the game, even on top for the first half, against Haverhill but then switched off and allowed them to take all three points.
'You can't give anyone anything for free in his division and we have done that too often.
You may also want to watch:
'I'm already looking ahead to next season, whatever league we are going to be in – we will need to make sure we can take our chances and turn positives into points.'
Fakenham are second from bottom of the table, five points ahead of Wivenhoe who have a game in hand, in a division which is all but over for most other side sin the area.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 3 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 4 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 5 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 6 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 7 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 8 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 9 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 10 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
Thetford Town are fortunate in that they have a Thurlow Nunn Cup final against Brantham Athletic to look forward to on May 7, but it's strictly league business for manager Danny White on Saturday, with the Brecklanders hosting Long Melford.
There are still some local bragging rights issues to be resolved: Thetford are 12th, a point behind Wroxham, who have a game in hand, while Gorleston are ninth, another point ahead.
Wroxham are at home to second-placed Felixstowe & Walton United, who will be desperate to reclaim the top spot they held so long from Coggeshall.
Gorleston make the trip to Wivenhoe, where they could also do Fakenham a favour with a win. Kirkley & Pakefield are away to FC Clacton while Great Yarmouth are back at The Wellesley where they face fourth-placed Stowmarket Town.
In Division One, Norwich CBS host Cornard while Diss go to Little Oakley.