Thorpe Marriott stay on track for City Of Norwich Short Mat Bowls League title with double win
Thorpe Marriott continue their quest for the City Of Norwich Short Mat Bowls League title with a 12-2 away win over Deaf Sports which they followed with a 14-0 home win over bottom club Taverham.
(P Walker 18-3, B McPherson 12-8, S Turner 26-1 & T Turner 14-11).
Defending Champions RG Carter were away at British Rail and won 10-4 but by only a single shot. League leaders Sprowston Sports are not giving up easily, they beat Felthorpe 14-0 at home (T Fletcher 21-4, D Ramsey 18-5, P Smart 10-7 & J Poynter 18-4).
They followed this with a 10-4 away win over Framingham Earl.
Sprowston left it to the younger brigade of D Ramsey and P Smart to secure the points. Next they were away to British Rail and claimed another 10-4 win. P Smart 14-9 and J Poynter 11-5 secured the points.
You may also want to watch:
Jarrolds were away to Taverham and won 12-2 with M Coxall winning 18-6. Later at home to Taverham they won 14-0 (P Carter 25-2, J McClintock 17-5, R Hart 12-10 & M Coxall 12-10).
Horsford Heroes played at home to Felthorpe and came away with a 14-0 win (K Chapman 11-8, R Frank 17-7, M Tuttle 14-3 & C Woodhouse 13-8).
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 9 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
After two big defeats Taverham came back with a 12-2 home win. Captain P Norton led the way with a 22-8 win.
First Bus were away at British Rail and came away with a 10-4 win. At home to Framingham Earl they won 12-2.
The City League Shield Final between RG Carter and Deaf Sports will take place tomorrow at British Rail's Thorpe venue, starting at 7.15pm.