Thetford Town and Kirkley & Pakefield cancel each other out
- Credit: PA
Thetford Town and Kirkley and Pakefield shared the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division spoils after a hard-fought goalless draw at Mundford Road last night.
Both sides had chances to win the game and in the end a point apiece was just about right.
There was a sour finish to the match, however, with Thetford's Willis being shown a straight red card in injury time.
In Division One Swaffham Town were far too strong for Norfolk rivals Diss, winning 4-0 at Brewers Green Lane. The game was all over bar the shouting at half-time, with the Pedlars going in three goals to the good courtesy of Alex Vincent (20), Nick Castellan (40) and Joe Jackson (45).
Matthew Blackford added a fourth 15 minutes from the end to round-up off a comfortable win.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech Town booked their place in the first qualifying round of the FA Cup when they won 2-0 in a replay at Spalding. Josh Ford scored in the first half while Billy Smith added a second as the Fenmen secured a trip to Kempston Rovers.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 5 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 6 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash