Thetford Athletic Club members turn out in force for Ryston Cross Country League meeting at Shouldham Thorpe
- Credit: Submitted
Thetford athletes turned out in force again at the latest round of cross country races as part of the Ryston Cross Country League, taking place at Shouldham Thorpe near Downham Market.
Charlie Garrod secured seventh spot and a personal best time of 3:18mins in the U9s race with Daniel Clouston running 3:41 to finish 15th and first-timer, Henry White, completing the course in 5:16 to finish 35th.
The sole U9 girl participating from Thetford was Abigail Clouston who finished eighth in a time of 3:42.
Adam Moore represented the U11 boys in style with a third place finish and a personal best time of 8:18. Cameron Try followed in ninth position completing the course in 10:05 with Tyler Howard two places behind in 11th with a time of 10:12 just pipping Josh McGuire, who finished three seconds behind in 12th.
Competition for the U11 girls places was hot with the Thetford athletes closely bunched in fourth, fifth and sixth positions. Clare Coppin took the honours coming home in 9:26, followed closely by Maddie Rolph in 9:31 and Jessica Norkett in 9:33.
You may also want to watch:
Harley Swan secured a winning spot in the U13s event, completing the course in a PB of 10:55. Kian Statham was fifth in a time of 11:31.
Hayley Bingham, a first time runner at Ryston, completed the course in 16:03 to finish seventh as Thetford's only competitor in the U13 girls race.
- 1 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 2 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 8 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 9 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 10 50 home development approved despite flooding fears
The V40 men were headed by Neil Swan who ran a personal best time of 21:55 to finish 12th with Paul Bingham finishing in 15th in a time of 23:44. Sole Thetford V50 male Kevin Vaughan won the event for his age group in a time of 18:16.
Sam Wing achieved 12th in the senior ladies event running a time of 23:32 while Clare Slattery completed the course in a PB of 30:01 to finish 18th. There was another PB for Corinne West running 31:43 to finish 19th.
Louise White gave a strong performance to finish third in the V35 ladies in a personal best time of 21:17. Both the other V35 ladies archived PBs, with Tina Plumley sixth in 23:26 and Sharon Try coming home in 15th, running 31:39.
Allison West completed the course in 27:38 to finish ninth in the V45 race with Ann Kirton just behind in 10th with a PB time of 29:08.