The Ricky and Ricci show as Acle stay on course for Anglian Combination title
- Credit: Archant
Acle maintained their five-point buffer at the top of the Premier Division with a 2-0 win at Beccles Town on Saturday.
Goals from Ricky Forder and Ricci Butler sealed the success and kept Acle comfortably clear of second-placed Blofield, with a game in hand.
Blofield kept up the pressure on the leaders by winning 2-1 at home to St Andrews. The hosts' goals came from Chris Holmes and an own goal, while Lewis Butcher netted for St Andrews.
Cromer moved above Dersingham into third after thrashing the west Norfolk side 5-1. Matthew Eves struck twice for Cromer, with Shaun Cameron, Dale Wilton and Antoni Fawkes also on target.
Jake Anema bagged two goals as Mattishall eased past bottom side Hempnall 4-0, with Stephen Davis and Tiago Pascole also finding the net.
Wroxham Reserves were 4-0 winners at Sheringham, courtesy of goals from Daniel Boswell (2), Jordan Attree and Aaron Saunders.
Spixworth's outside title hopes receded with a 1-1 draw at home to Reepham. Jody Cork scored for the hosts, with Ashley Dearing on target for Reepham.
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 3 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 6 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 7 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 8 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 9 Key worker couple celebrate 'fairy tale' day after winning £32,000 wedding
- 10 A Hunstanton institution closes after almost 50 years
Norwich CEYMS moved eight points clear at the top of Division One following a 2-0 win at home to Hellesdon. Thomas Amis and Calvin Pond wrapped up the points for CEYMS, who also have a game in hand over their closest rivals.
Second-placed Caister faltered as they dropped points in a 2-2 home draw with Bradenham Wanderers.
Stalham, in third, edged past Harleston Town 1-0, Perry Payne grabbing the only goal of the game.
James Oliver bagged a brace for Aylsham in a 3-0 victory against Poringland Wanderers, with Travis Whitlam also registering.
Ross Pantry scored twice in Horsford's 3-1 win at Hindringham, with an own goal completing the visitors' tally. Darren West was Hindringham's goalscorer.
Daniel Rouse's strike secured a 1-0 win for Holt United against Corton and bottom side Brandon were beaten 2-0 at home by Long Stratton.