The perfect Price: Glasgow Warriors’ Ali donates his Scotland rugby shirt to Wisbech Grammar School
- Credit: Archant
A top rugby player has returned to Wisbech Grammar School to present the Scotland shirt that he wore in a match against Ireland under-20s.
Alistair Price attended the establishment from 1999 to 2011 and played for the under nine team at the prep school, Magdalene House, before going on to represent Wisbech in both the first XV and the first VII in his final three years.
Director of sport Phillip Webb said: 'We are extremely grateful to be able to display Alistair's Scotland shirt in school and are very proud of his accomplishments. We wish him every success in the future and look forward to seeing him play in the Heineken Cup.'
While still a sixth-former, Price moved to the Bedford Blues Academy and played for the team in the 2011/2012 season. The next season he played for the Blues' first XV and from 2011 to 2013 he represented Scotland at under 20 level. Last year he signed for Glasgow Warriors and was selected for their European Cup squad in the same year.
During his return to the Grammar he attended an under 18s sevens training session and talked about ball retention and defensive patterns. He also met under nine and under-11 players at Magdalene House.
You may also want to watch:
In other rugby news in the town, Wisbech's first team are without a fixture tomorrow. It leaves them still two points from safety in London North-East Division Three going into the final few weeks of the season.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 9 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car