‘The dog ate my tickets’: panic as pet shreds family’s tickets for Norwich City play-off final at Wembley
- Credit: Archant
When Matt Grimmer received a text from his wife telling him to phone home urgently, he knew something terrible must have happened.
His fears were confirmed when she told him that Freddie, the family's two-year-old cockapoo dog, had eaten his tickets to watch the play off final with two of his sons.
The Bradwell resident tried to piece together the shredded tickets, worth £159, after Wednesday's mishap, but said they were beyond repair.
He said his sons Mitchel, 16, and Myles, eight, at first panicked about whether they would be able to see their heroes play for promotion, but after contacting Norwich City he arranged to pick up reprints at Wembley three hours before kick-off.
He said: 'Lots of people were saying Freddie is an Ipswich fan, that's why.'
You may also want to watch:
However, after checking his pet's history he was able to confirm he was Norfolk born and bred, and added: 'It will be a good omen. It's got to be positive.'
He predicted a 2-1 Norwich win.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low