The chips are down as Casino helps Redwings
The Grosvenor Casino in Yarmouth is hosting a charity event on December 10 in aid of Redwings Horse Sanctuary.
Starting at 7pm, the evening will be packed with entertainment and the �15 tickets also include a cocktail on arrival, buffet and an equestrian themed quiz. There will be music, dancing and a guest speaker.
The casino will donate 50pc of the ticket price and all the raffle money to Redwings and hopes to raise around �500 on the night.
Casino manager Steve Small says: 'Several of the managers and staff here at the Grosvenor Casino are involved with horses.
'When we heard that due to the recession more and more horses are being abandoned by their owners, we knew we wanted to help. So we decided that with the dark nights drawing in and most of us horse people having less time to ride at night it would be a great opportunity to host an event to support Redwings.'
You may also want to watch:
Redwings Horse Sanctuary takes in horses from all over the country and is based in Norfolk. This year almost three times as many horses have been abandoned as in 2009.
'Redwings takes in many of these horses and provides a safe and caring home for them,' added Smith. 'They do fabulous work but it's not cheap. If our event is a success then we hope to host regular equestrian related events throughout the year – all in the hope of raising more money for those horses and ponies in need of a caring home.'
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
Tickets are limited to 50 and can be bought by calling 01493 850444 between midday and 6am on any day.
The event is strictly over 18s and valid ID must be shown by all to register for free membership.