The 48th West Norfolk Sports Podcast
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
Football takes centre stage on a weekend where the local area will pay tribute to one of its dearly-departed.
West Norfolk Sports Podcast host Gavin Caney brings you all the latest talking points from his part of the world, starting with a lengthy focus on Thurlow Nunn First Division Downham Town.
Outgoing boss Mark Reeve joins the Eastern Daily Press sports reporter to discuss why he left the club and what's next for him and Town in the weeks and months to come.
Wayne Anderson then chats with Caney to preview Sunday's Adie Hayes memorial match at King's Lynn. The fixture is in memory of the midfielder – who has played for a huge number of sides in the area including the Linnets, Fakenham Town, Dereham Town to name just three – who died in August of a brain tumour aged just 36.
As ever, there is also all the latest sports news from the west of the county rounded up in our Gone in 60 Seconds segment to bring you the best of the rest of the action across the district.
You may also want to watch:
- To listen to the latest WNSP, click here, or visit www.edp24.co.uk/wnsp and click on episode 48.
- To get involved with the podcast, or for all your latest news, follow Gavin on Twitter by clicking on the link on the right-hand side of this page.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash
*Podcast recorded on November 5.