Thamesmead Town 0, Wroxham 3 – Injury puts a downer on Yachtsmen’s latest victory
Wroxham carried on their recent upturn in form with a deserved victory.
The win is the Yachtsmen's third in a row and they are unbeaten in five games, although a suspected hamstring injury to skipper Andy Howell that forced him off in the first half put a slight downer on the result.
Wroxham started well on a boggy pitch, Kyle Baker carving out the first real opening with a superb solo run that teed up Remy Gordon who shot wide. Christy Finch had an effort cleared off the line following good work by Danny White.
This seemed to shake up the hosts and Tyrus Gordon-Young poked an effort past Elliot Pride but Stephen Taylor managed to get back on the line to clear. With Thamesmead threatening, Stewart Larter's men needed a response and they got it in the 39th minute when Gordon gave them the lead.
Finch did the hard work before firing across the box to hand his team-mate a tap-in. David Hinton made it two five minutes after the restart collecting a cleared corner and sending in a superb 20-yard chip that deceived everyone and found the back of the net.
You may also want to watch:
Danny Rust cleared off another effort off the line and Pride produced a stunning one-handed save to keep Wroxham's two-goal lead in tact. And this resistance was rewarded with 10 minutes to go when Finch made sure of the points to keep Wroxham ahead of the chasing pack in the Ryman North play-offs.
Fellow top-five chasing outfit Dereham Town's home game against Tilbury was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 7 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 8 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’