Ten-year-olds share record partnership
Two budding batting stars and a 42-year-old bowler share top billing in the penultimate EDP24/Hansells Cricket Awards of the season.Norfolk U10 duo Matthew Taylor and Callum Taylor are joint winners, while Kirkley Sports player Gary Tuttle is the other successful nominee.
Two budding batting stars and a 42-year-old bowler share top billing in the penultimate EDP24/Hansells Cricket Awards of the season.
Norfolk U10 duo Matthew Taylor and Callum Taylor are joint winners, while Kirkley Sports player Gary Tuttle is the other successful nominee.
The Taylors, both 10, who are not related, shared a record opening partnership of 219 for Norfolk U10s in their home match against their Suffolk counterparts last Friday, both scoring centuries. It was Matthew's second ton of the season, while it was the first time that Callum has reached three figures, although he came close to repeating the feat when he made 96 against Suffolk in the reverse fixture on Sunday. Callum plays for Sheringham and Matthew is with Swardeston.
Tuttle, 42, produced a devastating spell of bowling for Kirkley Sports as they dismissed Rackheath for just 31 in Knights Norfolk League Division Three. He returned incredible figures of seven for six from nine overs.
Just missing out on the honours this time was another Norfolk U10s player, leg spinner Nick Hewetson, who claimed five wickets in the second match against Suffolk, as Norfolk wrapped up their ninth win in 12 games this season.
The winners receive £10 vouchers to spend at Pilch Sports in Norwich.
- 1 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 2 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 3 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 4 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 5 City councillor investigated after Facebook golliwog post complaint
- 6 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 7 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 10 Greyhound saved from euthanasia among five dogs looking for homes
If you would like to nominate someone for next week's awards, please send your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly state EDP24 Cricket Awards in the subject line. Entries must be received by noon on Wednesday and for full details of how to enter, see our website, www.edp24.co.uk/cricket