Teenagers to make first Norwich start against Basildon
- Credit: Andy Micklethwaite
Norwich will look to get back to winning ways when they entertain Basildon, with coach Jonny O'Brien able to pick from an almost full squad.
O'Brien was pleased at how a virtually identical team to last year had performed a week ago against league leaders Chelmsford, who had outclassed them in the equivalent fixture last season.
Basildon did the double on Norwich last year, but by small margins, and with a year of London 2NE experience behind them, the city club will be looking to redress the balance this time around.
Joe Tennant, 18, makes his first start on the wing, after two appearances off the bench, which has moved Michael Campton-Smith infield to partner Jordi Walker in the centres. A strong bench of Dougie Greenwood, George Pope and Mark Fernie completes the squad.
O'Brien said: 'The forwards were excellent last week against a bigger pack, but training this week has focused on the exciting potential of this young back line that has yet to be realised. We are expecting a big performance from them this week.'
You may also want to watch:
In the same division, Diss travel to South Woodham Ferrers.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police