Teenagers to make first Norwich start against Basildon
- Credit: Andy Micklethwaite
Norwich will look to get back to winning ways when they entertain Basildon, with coach Jonny O'Brien able to pick from an almost full squad.
O'Brien was pleased at how a virtually identical team to last year had performed a week ago against league leaders Chelmsford, who had outclassed them in the equivalent fixture last season.
Basildon did the double on Norwich last year, but by small margins, and with a year of London 2NE experience behind them, the city club will be looking to redress the balance this time around.
Joe Tennant, 18, makes his first start on the wing, after two appearances off the bench, which has moved Michael Campton-Smith infield to partner Jordi Walker in the centres. A strong bench of Dougie Greenwood, George Pope and Mark Fernie completes the squad.
O'Brien said: 'The forwards were excellent last week against a bigger pack, but training this week has focused on the exciting potential of this young back line that has yet to be realised. We are expecting a big performance from them this week.'
You may also want to watch:
In the same division, Diss travel to South Woodham Ferrers.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146