Teenagers show the way in Norfolk Arena Stock Car opener
- Credit: Archant
Two Norwich teenagers stole the show at the opening Stock Car meeting of 2013 at Norfolk Arena.
There was a fantastic turnout of cars over the three formula present with around 50 2L Stock Cars, 40 1300 Stock Cars and 57 BriSCA F2 Stock Cars in action. The entry included drivers from all over England as well as Scotland, Ireland and mainland Europe.
Both the 2L Stock Cars and 1300 Stock Cars were racing in the Clive Grief Memorial Final – in memory of a former driver who had previously raced both classes. The 2L Stock Car Final saw Daniel Parker, who had just turned 17, take the spoils with a drive which belied his young years.
Despite falling back the order as more experienced drivers came past he delivered a fantastic drive to move higher graded drivers out of the way and came through to win by a decent margin. Experienced shale shifter Lee Sampson (Lynn) came through for second with Simon Welton (Nowich) third.
The whites and yellow race was won by Robert Bulldeath (Dereham) with Parker giving an indication of what was to come by holding off German race ace Frank Leoff for second place. Timmy Barnes won the second heat before Luke Grief piloted his new car through to a win at its maiden meeting in the third heat.
Parker showed great composure again in the All Comers to round off the night with a victory.
Equally impressive was 16-year-old Ross Fisher (Norwich) in the 1300cc Stock Cars. He had a heat and final double at his debut meeting at Coventry and showed that was no fluke with a hat-trick in King's Lynn to earn an automatic upgraded to yellow.
- 1 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 2 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 3 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 4 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 5 Range Rover hit by train after straying onto level crossing
- 6 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 7 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 8 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 9 Woman in 50s arrested after house sealed off in quiet street
- 10 Thieves run off with alcohol worth nearly £5,000 from Tesco
Chris Bradbury took the meeting final in the F2 Stock Cars ahead of Mark Simpson.