Team Lotus hoping for a big step from Turkey to Spain
It was a case of the status quo for Team Lotus at Turkey – but they will be hoping to make a bigger impact in Barcelona a fortnight later.
Technical issues limited the performance of Jarno Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen around Istanbul Park to respective 18th and 19th place finishes, as they found themselves further from Formula One's midfield pack than they had been in China three weeks earlier.
However, with major upgrades due to the T128 in Spain, Hingham's Formula One outfit is already looking ahead.
Chief technical officer Mike Gascoyne said: 'The key goal in Turkey was for both cars to cross the finish line and I am pleased we achieved that and it is pleasing to see that both drivers performed very well all weekend, and the whole team.
'We're looking forward to Barcelona where we will have our big update and I hope that we can take the fight to those in front.'
You may also want to watch:
Team principal Tony Fernandes added: 'The whole team is excited about the updates we have for Barcelona.
'In Turkey last year neither car finished so that was another positive development in our growth. We keep making small steps and moving forward and that has always been the plan – grow in a measured, controlled way that gives us the best foundations for future success.'
- 1 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 5 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 6 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 9 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 10 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
Team Lotus remain ninth in this season's constructors' championship, ahead of Hispania, Virgin and Williams.