Taverham Mill Fishery set to hold open day
- Credit: Archant
As a youngster Harry Waye-Barker cut his early angling teeth on Norfolk fisheries before the family relocated to London where he became a valued officer of the RSPB.
Now, aged 30, he is back on the banks of his first love, appointed as site manager (head ranger) of the popular Taverham Mill Fishery owned by Angling Water.
And, following an impressively successful open day last year, he is staging another on Saturday, April 22.
'There will be something to interest anglers of every age group, including children,' he promised.
Advice on tackle, technique and bait selection will be given by expert members of Team CC and the Norwich and District Pike club. An amazing demonstration of underwater camera work will be shown by the Fisheries department of the Environment Agency and a representative of The Angling Trust will be there.
A bring and buy stall and a tackle shop discount counter will also be there.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 4 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 5 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 6 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 10 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack