Taverham Mill Fishery set to hold open day
- Credit: Archant
As a youngster Harry Waye-Barker cut his early angling teeth on Norfolk fisheries before the family relocated to London where he became a valued officer of the RSPB.
Now, aged 30, he is back on the banks of his first love, appointed as site manager (head ranger) of the popular Taverham Mill Fishery owned by Angling Water.
And, following an impressively successful open day last year, he is staging another on Saturday, April 22.
'There will be something to interest anglers of every age group, including children,' he promised.
Advice on tackle, technique and bait selection will be given by expert members of Team CC and the Norwich and District Pike club. An amazing demonstration of underwater camera work will be shown by the Fisheries department of the Environment Agency and a representative of The Angling Trust will be there.
You may also want to watch:
A bring and buy stall and a tackle shop discount counter will also be there.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Norfolk scenes cut from Netflix's Sutton Hoo film The Dig