Talented West Norfolk Swimming Club trio set for national championships in Sheffield
- Credit: Archant
Three West Norfolk Swimming Club members will compete in this summer's British Gas ASA National Championships at Ponds Forge, Sheffield.
Officials at the outfit have congratulated Natalie Coogans, 16, Nathan Wells, 16, and 14-year-old Abigail Whiting, for their recent achievements in gaining their first national qualifying times.
The trio competed at the Groundhog Open Meet at the UEA in Norwich, where their hard work and determination in training paid off.
Coogans swam a time of 27.89secs in the 50-metre breaststroke. Wells, who has also qualified for the 400m inidivual medley, posted a time of 28.73secs in the 50m backstroke.
Whiting achieved her goal by swimming a time of 35.67secs in the 50m freestyle.
You may also want to watch:
All three swimmers and their families thanked head coach Sarah Vanderloo for all of her dedication, support and expertise in helping them achieve the times.
WNSC is very proud of each member and the example they are setting to the younger swimmers at the club and would like to wish them every success at the event in August.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 9 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success