Swardeston, Vauxhall Mallards and Great Witchingham go through in ECB National Club Championship
A trio of Norfolk's East Anglian Premier League clubs made it safely through to the next round of the ECB National Club Championship on Sunday.
Swardeston crushed Norfolk rivals Fakenham by 10 wickets, Vauxhall Mallards eased past Market Harborough in a six-wicket win and Great Witchingham received a walkover after Godmanchester were unable to raise a side.
Fakenham crumbled to 119 all out in the 42nd over at Highfield Lawn, with three wickets apiece for Michael Eccles and Peter Lambert.
Lambert then set about destroying the Fakenham attack as he blasted 89no from just 50 balls, while Jordan Taylor supported him with an unbeaten 31 as the visitors cruised home in the 15th over.
Mallards chose to bowl first at Brundall and Martin Addison, pictured, and Tom Brice each claimed three wickets as the Leicestershire visitors were bowled out for 148.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Plater (73) led the Mallards reply impressively and they went on to reach their target in the 39th over.
Swardeston now host Mallards in the next round on May 12, while Witchingham are at home to Cambridge Granta.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 7 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street