Swardeston Cricket Club pick up Norfolk Alliance award
Swardeston were named club of the year for the second successive season at the Frankly Digital Norfolk Alliance presentation night.
It was the latest accolade for Swardeston in a memorable year, which saw them crowned national Cockspur Club Twenty20 champions at the Rose Bowl last month.
Their second team finished third in Alliance Division One, and although the third team were relegated from Division Two, the fourth XI – Swardeston CEYMS – emerged as champions of Division Six.
Swardeston-CEYMS Under-11s also won the Alliance's Terry Moore Trophy and Will Findlay, who took five for five in the final, including a hat-trick, picked up the cup.
Elswhere, Downham made their annual trip to the awards night to collect the Premier Division trophy for the fourth year running – an Alliance record.
You may also want to watch:
The Mid Norfolk Sunday League also held their awards night at the weekend and Swardeston were again to the fore, picking up the Premier Division Shield.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 10 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich