Swardeston Cricket Club pick up Norfolk Alliance award
Swardeston were named club of the year for the second successive season at the Frankly Digital Norfolk Alliance presentation night.
It was the latest accolade for Swardeston in a memorable year, which saw them crowned national Cockspur Club Twenty20 champions at the Rose Bowl last month.
Their second team finished third in Alliance Division One, and although the third team were relegated from Division Two, the fourth XI – Swardeston CEYMS – emerged as champions of Division Six.
Swardeston-CEYMS Under-11s also won the Alliance's Terry Moore Trophy and Will Findlay, who took five for five in the final, including a hat-trick, picked up the cup.
Elswhere, Downham made their annual trip to the awards night to collect the Premier Division trophy for the fourth year running – an Alliance record.
You may also want to watch:
The Mid Norfolk Sunday League also held their awards night at the weekend and Swardeston were again to the fore, picking up the Premier Division Shield.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid