Swardeston aiming to bounce back and claim top spot in EAPL
- Credit: Archant
Swardeston will have top spot very much in their sights tomorrow when they take on Great Witchingham in their latest Gibbs Denley East Anglian Premier League fixture.
Joe Gatting's side were knocked off the summit last weekend when closest rivals Sudbury won at The Common to overtake them, and after losing for the first time in six games will have a point to prove at Walcis Park.
A win could well be enough for Swardeston to move back above Sudbury as the halfway point in the season approaches, with the defending champions having a tough looking home fixture against third-placed Mildenhall.
A second Norfolk derby of the weekend sees struggling Vauxhall Mallards play host to Horsford at Halvergate while an in-form Norwich side travel to Burwell and Exning.
The top two in the top flight of the Norfolk Alliance come face to face, with leaders Downham Town entertaining closer rivals Stow and North Runcton playing host to Brooke.
You may also want to watch:
Downham currently lead the way by 33 points after winning all six of their games.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 3 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 4 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 8 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 9 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 10 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out