Swardeston aiming to bounce back and claim top spot in EAPL
- Credit: Archant
Swardeston will have top spot very much in their sights tomorrow when they take on Great Witchingham in their latest Gibbs Denley East Anglian Premier League fixture.
Joe Gatting's side were knocked off the summit last weekend when closest rivals Sudbury won at The Common to overtake them, and after losing for the first time in six games will have a point to prove at Walcis Park.
A win could well be enough for Swardeston to move back above Sudbury as the halfway point in the season approaches, with the defending champions having a tough looking home fixture against third-placed Mildenhall.
A second Norfolk derby of the weekend sees struggling Vauxhall Mallards play host to Horsford at Halvergate while an in-form Norwich side travel to Burwell and Exning.
The top two in the top flight of the Norfolk Alliance come face to face, with leaders Downham Town entertaining closer rivals Stow and North Runcton playing host to Brooke.
You may also want to watch:
Downham currently lead the way by 33 points after winning all six of their games.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill