Swardeston make losing start to EAPL campaign
- Credit: Archant
Swardeston opened up their EAPL campaign in a disappointing fashion when they lost a tight game at Mildenhall by two wickets.
Last season's runners-up were dismissed for 222 in the final over, with Peter Lambert top scoring with 61 and new captain Joe Gatting being run out for just eight.
A ninth wicket stand between George Walker (23) and former skipper Mark Thomas (27) saw Swardeston up to a defendable total, but it was not quite enough as Mildenhall got home in the 41st over despite a rush of late wickets.
Horsford, who finished bottom in 2017 when there was no relegation, suffered a comprehensive 121 home defeat at the hands of the newly named Burwell and Exning.
Paul Summerskill led the way with the highest score of the day - a whopping 143 - as the visitors reached 281-5 in their 50 overs, after being 34-3 at one stage.
You may also want to watch:
That turned out to be more than enough as Horsford were dismissed for 160, despite good knocks from Will Rogers (58) and Peter Minns (46).
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 3 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 4 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 7 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 8 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 9 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 10 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries