Swaffham Town 4 AFC Sudbury Reserves 3: Pedlars get back to winning ways
- Credit: Eddie Deane
An Alex Vincent hat-trick has got Swaffham Town back to winning ways in Thurlow Nunn Division One.
A home victory against AFC Sudbury Reserves helped to put a disappointing midweek 5-1 defeat to Premier team Norwich United in the Red Insure Cup behind them.
Vincent opened his account in the fifth minute, driving his shot across the goal and keeper to root the ball firmly in the bottom right-hand corner.
His second came just two minutes later, lobbing the keeper from the edge of the box. Sudbury fought back hard but the Pedlars defence stood firm. A very suspect penalty was awarded in the 40th minute but keeper Lee Brooks pulled off another great penalty save to keep the 2-0 margin intact at half-time.
Vincent then clinched his hat-trick three minutes into the second half but Sudbury got one back within five minutes and with another on 68 minutes it looked as though the match might be turning.
You may also want to watch:
However an inspired substitution by Paul Hunt saw Matthew Castellan replace Mark Allibone and score within his first minute on the field and the Pedlars knuckled down to preserve their lead, with Sudbury getting a further goal back in the 87th minute but too late to get the equaliser.
Swaffham's reserve side lost 1-0 at Thorpe Village and the A team beat Rockland United 4-0 in the league, with goals from Lewis Fuller, Tyler Hume and a brace from Blake Stangroome.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash
- 4 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 5 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 10 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
On Saturday the first team entertain Long Melford at Shoemakers Lane in a 3pm kick-off.