Swaffham Golf Club’s Samantha Hudson named top steward
Samantha Hudson of Swaffham Golf Club has been named the Fuller's London Pride Steward of the Year for England Golf's South East region.
The competition, now in its sixth year, is run jointly by Fuller's and England Golf and aims to identify the golf club steward who provides the most welcoming and enjoyable experience at the 19th hole.
Sam, who swapped a background in accounts for the life of a club steward just over a year ago, received her award at a celebratory lunch in London.
The judges noted how Sam has made a big impact in a short time at Swaffham and commented: 'Sam's relentless efforts and efficiency is one of her strengths, as well as her innovative nature and her infectious passion to make people happy.'
Her constant promotion of events and fresh new ideas has boosted the social life at the club – and the profits, which are up by at least �6000 on last year.
You may also want to watch:
Events which have been particularly successful have included the Red Carpet Jubilee Ball and the country and western night, when Sam persuaded a local farmer to provide bales of hay to increase the authenticity.
She has also persuaded the committee to be involved in a WI style calendar to raise funds – and it looks as though she has more volunteers than months in the year.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 8 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 9 Popular wine merchant took his own life, inquest hears
- 10 Fire breaks out at care home in the Broads
Sam, and the other three regional winners, were presented with their awards by England Golf chairman Nigel Evans and Mark Roberts, Fuller's Trade marketing manager. This was the first time that all four regional winners had been women.