Sutton United 3 Lowestoft Town 1 – Dundas hat-trick knocks Blues out of FA Trophy
- Credit: Mark Chappell/Focus Images Ltd
Sutton striker Craig Dundas scored a hat-trick to end Lowestoft Town's interest in the FA Trophy.
The Blues gave a decent account of themselves at Gander Green Lane – but the Surrey side fully deserved to claim their place in the second round.
The Blues missed a presentable chance in the 24th minute when Jake Reed headed Chris Henderson's cross just over.
Sutton made the most of the reprieve by taking the lead seven minutes later. Ross Stearn's shot was saved by Jake Jessup but the ball fell kindly for Dundas who found the back of the net via a big deflection.
Lowestoft responded well to going behind and were back on level terms five minutes before the break when Henderson poked the ball home, with Bradley Woods-Garness following in just to make sure.
You may also want to watch:
Sadly for the visitors that was the cue for Sutton to step up a gear and they had restored their lead within a couple of minutes as Dundas fired home his second after good work from Kevin Amankwaah and Stearn.
Dundas then twice went close to completing his hat-trick, with the Blues happy to get in at half-time just one down.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 9 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 10 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
Sutton continued to look comfortable after the break and they stretched their lead on 67 minutes when Dundas scored his third after latching onto a fortunate deflection in the box to shoot past Jessup.
Stearn and Stuart Fleetwood both wasted good chances to extend Sutton's advantage as the hosts ended the game on top.
Lowestoft Town: Jessup, Eagle, Rossi Jarvis, Barker, Mason, Henderson, Hodd, Ryan Jarvis, Garrod, Woods-Garness, Reed. Subs: Crow, Nyadzayo, Bennett, Cassama, Bone.