Superb charity effort at Eaton Golf Club
- Credit: Keith Whitmore
Last year's club captains at Eaton certainly did their bit for charity.
Club captain Gavin Sargent and Ladies' captain Eppie Zandvoort were busy throughoout 2016 and recently handed over the magnificent sum of £11,021.45 to Macmillan Cancer Support.
Numerous events wer staged, with the single biggest earner being the Charity Day at the club which raised £7,000, with 150 players taking part.
'A big thank you to Cooper BMW Norwich for their help on this day and also to all at Eaton Golf Club for their fantastic support in raising so much for a great local cause,' said Eaton's club captain.
'What a wonderful way to round off my 2016 captaincy year, a great outcome for all the hard work everyone's put in all year.'
You may also want to watch:
The cheque was handed over to Sema Hussein of MacMillan Cancer Support.
Have you got a golf story to tell? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01603 772332 after 4pm.
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 5 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 6 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 7 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 8 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake