Super Nova take up Trulli challenge
- Credit: Archant
Griston-based Super Nova International has recently agreed to take on a fresh challenge after being engaged to run former Grand Prix racer Jarno Trulli's new Formula E team.
'We have reached an agreement with David and John Sears at Super Nova and I am very pleased because I rate the team very highly,' said the former Caterham Formula One driver.
'They are very serious people with a high level of experience, so we couldn't have found a better partner.'
Formula E is a new FIA single-seater championship and the world's first fully-electric racing series starting in September 2014 through to June 2015 and has been designed to take place in the centre of cities around the world.
Ten two-car teams are slated to take part in the inaugural 10-race series, including events in London, Beijing and Los Angeles, and hopes to appeal to a wider and new audience of motorsport fans.
You may also want to watch:
'We wanted to be involved with Formula E from the beginning, so we are very pleased and excited about this. Running a team commercially is incredibly difficult, so this is exactly what we have needed,' said Super Nova team principal David Sears.
'The Formula E series has been conceived to represent a vision for the future of the motor industry over the coming decades, serving as a framework for R&D around the electric vehicle, accelerating general interest in these cars and promoting sustainability,' according to the series website information.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
Trulli will be partnered by Michela Cerruti who races for the Griston squad in the Auto GP Championship.
'She's a young rising star and she has huge room for improvement and next to me it's a perfect combination,' said Trulli.
'I'm convinced she will perform and she's now known as a good driver after her first win in Auto GP. It was perfect timing.
'We did the deal before the win, but somehow I felt that following weekend she would perform well, and after the Auto GP win I called her up and said 'listen, I was right to sign you last week, and I was right in believing you could do very well this week. So welcome on board and we are very proud of you'.'
Cerruti will be sharing the grid with a number of other former Grand Prix drivers, including Nick Heidfeld and Bruno Senna, with the first race planned for early September in Beijing.