Super Nova take up Trulli challenge
- Credit: Archant
Griston-based Super Nova International has recently agreed to take on a fresh challenge after being engaged to run former Grand Prix racer Jarno Trulli's new Formula E team.
'We have reached an agreement with David and John Sears at Super Nova and I am very pleased because I rate the team very highly,' said the former Caterham Formula One driver.
'They are very serious people with a high level of experience, so we couldn't have found a better partner.'
Formula E is a new FIA single-seater championship and the world's first fully-electric racing series starting in September 2014 through to June 2015 and has been designed to take place in the centre of cities around the world.
Ten two-car teams are slated to take part in the inaugural 10-race series, including events in London, Beijing and Los Angeles, and hopes to appeal to a wider and new audience of motorsport fans.
You may also want to watch:
'We wanted to be involved with Formula E from the beginning, so we are very pleased and excited about this. Running a team commercially is incredibly difficult, so this is exactly what we have needed,' said Super Nova team principal David Sears.
'The Formula E series has been conceived to represent a vision for the future of the motor industry over the coming decades, serving as a framework for R&D around the electric vehicle, accelerating general interest in these cars and promoting sustainability,' according to the series website information.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
Trulli will be partnered by Michela Cerruti who races for the Griston squad in the Auto GP Championship.
'She's a young rising star and she has huge room for improvement and next to me it's a perfect combination,' said Trulli.
'I'm convinced she will perform and she's now known as a good driver after her first win in Auto GP. It was perfect timing.
'We did the deal before the win, but somehow I felt that following weekend she would perform well, and after the Auto GP win I called her up and said 'listen, I was right to sign you last week, and I was right in believing you could do very well this week. So welcome on board and we are very proud of you'.'
Cerruti will be sharing the grid with a number of other former Grand Prix drivers, including Nick Heidfeld and Bruno Senna, with the first race planned for early September in Beijing.