Sun warms up top-water action at Blackdyke
Blackdyke trout fishery 07525 730447. Last week saw some of the best top water fishing of the season so far. In the sunshine plenty of hatches were occurring through out the day.
Blackdyke trout fishery 07525 730447. Last week saw some of the best top water fishing of the season so far. In the sunshine plenty of hatches were occurring through out the day. Best flies were daddies, hoppers and hawthorns taking most fish on a floating line fished on the edge of the ripple. Dave Pooley took a superb over-wintered fish in excellent condition weighing 3lb 6ozs There will be another tuition day on Saturday with Tim Gaunt Baker. Boats are available and if you wish to stay the electric hook- ups are there for touring caravans. For more information ring Paul Speed.
Larkwood trout fishery 01284 728612. It's been a good week at Larkwood with the rod average of 4.8 fish per angler. The biggest fish of the week went to Gavin Cowell with a great fish of 8 lb 10 oz. Hawthorn flies, small black dry flies and montanas all accounted for fish over the last week. The fish are on or just under the surface. Both lakes are clear. Larkwood will be holding an open day on June 5, all are welcome. For that day only a three fish ticket will be at 1985 price of �10. There will be a barbecue, free casting tuition and fly tying.
Willow trout fishery 01986 785392. There was plenty of surface activate with the fish taking buzzers. During bright conditions the fish moved down in the water.
You may also want to watch:
Best flies have been dawl bach, buzzers and gold head lures. There is tackle available for hire.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
South Elmham trout fishery 07500 703389. There will be a open day on May 16 with free casting lessons, demos and tackle from Hardy/Greys. Booking is essential. There have been several fish up to over 6lb taken over the past week. Scott Millar had a 5lb fish, Colin Brown took a 4lb fish and Steve Cootes took the honours with a 6 lb plus fish. Buzzers, hare's ears and dawl bachs all took fish over the past week.
Narborough trout lakes 01760 338005. It's been mostly bags limits all round. There have been several good-sized fish coming out of all the lakes including Willow Lake. All lakes are fishing well. Buzzers, hare's ears, pheasant tails, cats whiskers, damsels and montanas have all taken fish. The fish are holding at the mid-water mark waiting for the weather decides what it's going to do.